View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 08:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

no real advice from the PT. She said he measured the same (not tighter) but said everything I described indicated an increase in tone. Maybe it is increasing but all his activity is keeping the muscles themselves on par.

So, he has to compensate for the increase in tone by keeping his arms up more to guard himself from falling and skipping/running instead of walking to keep himself from tripping over his toes but because he is doing these things but still staying active, doing the stretches, orthotics and night straps, he's keeping on top of things overall.

So, the plan is to add in a gator... a foam piece velcroed over the leg from thigh to calf that keeps the knee straight for an increased stretch, at night with the orthotic and pull strap and for an hour or so a day as well and with everything in place, hopefully we can gain 10 degrees range in his ankle by January. If not, I agreed to a botox consult at that point which would be followed by serial casting.

on the plus side, Matt's seizures have stayed away for 3 months now as far as i can tell. and as I read others' posts, i'm even more grateful to get a break from those. They are so heartbreaking...and for those who know, i know you'll see that as awesome news.

lucinda
lucinda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote