View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 09:01 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Oh, I'm soooo glad that you started this thread.

Here's my BLUNDER!!!

I was 24, in my own apartment, and I wanted to cook my boyfriend a nice roasting chicken. I bought the chicken (I have no idea if there was Perdue chickens 30 something years ago),

I held it under the faucet to clean it out (I've seen my mother do this).

I sprinkled salt all over it to clean it (I've seen my mother do this).

I poured Wish Bone Italian Salad Dressing all over the chicken (I've seen my mother do this).

I pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. I put the chicken in the roasting pan and I put it in the oven.

30 minutes later, my boyfriend runs over to me screaming "the chicken is on fire". I said "what are you talking about, Chicken's don't go on fire"

He replied "Well, THIS CHICKEN IS ON FIRE!!!!"

I slowly approach the over and sure enough, MY CHICKEN IS IN FLAMES.

Not knowing whether or not to throw water into the oven, I just opened the oven grabbed a pot holder, and grabbed the pan and dumped the whole thing in my kitchen sink. My boyfriend is looking at the chicken and said:

"Melody, what is inside the chicken??" I said "Nothing is inside the chicken"

He says "there's a paper bag inside of your chicken".

I looked at him like he has lost his mind, then I looked at my chicken and sure enough there is a paper bag inside of my chicken.

I had no idea what this was. I grabbed the paper bag and these THINGS FALL OUT. I started to scream, I called up my mother (who had moved to Florida) and she laughed so hard I think she pulled a muscle.

She said and I quote: "Didn't you take the bag of gizzards out of the chicken before you cooked it"???

I said "BAG OF WHAT??"

Well, after she stopped laughing, she explained that when they sell a raw chicken, they take the livers and the gizzards and the neck and they put them in a paper bag and stuff them inside the chicken.

Well, (and to this day I don't think I'm wrong).

Where the heck does it say (when you buy a raw chicken) "LOOK INSIDE, THERE'S A PAPER BAG FILLED WITH GIZZARDS AND STUFF".

Believe me, the next day when I went to work on the Express bus, and I told the story to my friend sitting next to me on the bus, well, ever see 42 people on a bus laughing their heads off???

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (03-21-2008), Darlene (03-21-2008), southie (03-20-2008)