View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 08:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

jo55 - the MRIs, etc did not show anything of any major interest (some slight degeneration at T1 if I remember correctly - but I don't have the reports to say for sure).

I definately have had whiplash...in 97 I t-boned a truck and from what the PT told me then I must have turned my head when I hit the truck...everything that hurt was on the right side...including tearing the cartlidge in my jaw (OW!). I then had whiplash again this Feb...in between then I did have a run-in with a gaurdrail. So there is likely some scar tissue in there somewhere!

I am not sure what the 'hang up' is on the "it's not TOS diagnosis". The chrio kept referring to TOS as being a vascular thing...he said since I had a pulse I didn't have TOS...

Most bothersome sx - pain (hand, forearm, collar bone area, neck, shoulder blade) and the numbness. Pain ranges from 4-9 on any given day...I can tell when I haven't been at work...then the pain is less...as the day goes on I have more pain...by the end of the week I am about to go crazy. I am getting new stuff for my workstations (chair, foot rest, monitor riser, etc) to help maybe give me some relief...we will see.

The Neuro seemed very concerned about how weak my hand was...you know the test where you spread your fingers and try to keep them from closing...ya...I can't do that Not sure what that means.

I had my first appt for all of this in 1999...this has been going on way too long I have seen a variety of docs, been tested for Lupus, etc...MRIs, CTs, EMGs, etc, etc...no where yet...TOS seems like the only thing that measures up
JAMY is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote