15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vowel Lady View Post
Thank you again Mrs. D.

This is what I read:

Ritter passed away in 2003 of a torn aorta and since then, his family has received more than $14 million in settlements related to the actor's death. Ultimately, in this case, the jurors noted that Ritter did not heed the advice of his radiologist to see a physician, after he was advised to do so upon hearing the results of his 2001 body scan.

However, my guess is that it really means very little. It probably was routine to tell patients to see their physician after a body scan, if for no other reason than to obsolve them of responsibility.

When you say "The bottom line is that interpretation of the data is poor today. The technology always precedes successful interpretation of the data," I wonder if it would pay to drag our test results to several different physicians for a variety of opinions. Of course, this doesn't mean that we are getting the right tests in the first place. AND we run the risk of being stigmatized AND we run the risk of having the new doctor just go along with what the previous doctor dx'd. However, it might give one better odds at getting some insight into their health problem, and hopefully a proper dx.

p.s. DH isn't much of an Oprah fan either! (Just kidding around! LOL!)
There was a long segment about this on TV...I forget which news show.
What was said was that the latest suit is against the radiologist for not
diagnosing the aorta problem. The hospital has settled out of court, and the radiologist is the last one. Mrs. Ritter said she is doing this to educate the public. And since John died, his brother had testing done and they found the same problem with him....runs in families.
The ER settled because they ordered an X-ray which would have shown the problem, and then it was not followed thru with...it fell thru the cracks, and John was treated as a heart attack, and bled out. Mrs Ritter stated that 10,000 people die of aneurysms mislabeled as heart
attacks each year in this country.

I think one has to be very careful of Oprah... and if we are not careful, we will have a new President that she managed to shoe in.

I don't watch her anymore. She is dangerous and destructive IMO...the power she has...and those decisions to air books (frauds) and the other medical stuff, gives me pause..those decisions come from producers, not her mostly.
She goes to Africa, sets up a school, which immediately becomes another scandal? She seems to have poor karma or bad decisions making traits. ( at least her money managing for HERSELF is done by good thinkers--so she is mega rich at least)
Oprah was singlehandedly responsible for the Airborne fiasco...pushing a
remedy that is totally bogus. I saw first hand how powerful that was..
We couldn't keep it on the shelves! Just because it was on her show! Sheeeesh!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote