View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 10:38 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

This is great news, I think, Julie. I give you full credit for not giving up on finding the source of your problems too . . .

My sister had back issues as well, and eventually required emergency surgery. After that, she experienced a series of symptoms like MS, and of course they were leaning towards that "option" because of my dx. Eventually they ALSO (besides what she got surgery for) dx her with Fb and Syringomyelia, which is an alternate spinal disease.

I don't know if MRI's would pick up on this new dx you have, but I guess I am somewhat surprised that it didn't when the neuro was checking for spinal issues. Perhaps it requires a CT scan instead of a MRI . . . but I would definitely be asking my doctor or neuro about this "miss".

I agree with everyone else that you should get a 2nd opinion. Chiropractors can be good/bad and everything in between . . . and one opinion (whether that be chiro's or neuro's) would not be satisfactory for me.

Good luck. I pray this is your answer, and nothing more serious.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
momXseven (03-21-2008)