View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 11:34 AM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Heart

My neurologist has a great sense of humor and a huge heart. My primary doc referred me to her for neuropathic pain - gave me her phone number and email address. I called the number, but couldn't get an appointment for 6 months - she doesn't have a private practice. I emailed her and told her I couldn't sleep due to pain and didn't think I could stay awake that long. I got an appointment for the following week, but she had to examine me in the EMG room at the hospital. Some on her staff were unaware of my appointment time and location because the doc spoke with me directly.

So, I'm sitting in the EMG room talking with the doc when the door opens and a nurse sticks her head in to say good morning to the doc. She didn't know I was sitting behind the door. She happily blurts out "Hi Doc...how the F are you?

My doc's eyes grew HUGE and she looked at me in terror. The nurse peeked her head around and saw me sitting there. The look on the nurse's face was PRICELESS.

We were all motionless as we stared at each other with big eyes, then I busted out laughing.

They were both very apologetic, but I saw it in a completely different light. I didn't see any vulgarity or disrespect. I saw a doctor and nurse who had a solid working relationship, with mutual respect for each other - a GREAT benefit to a patient.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote