View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8rgirl View Post
Is this your garden or your yard? There are rabbit proof plants that you can plant around your garden to help keep them out so I need a little more information about what area you are trying to keep them out of...

If it's your garden, chicken wire over the area is a good idea. Yes, it is unsightly but what do you want, veggies or rabbits?

Rabbits can be trapped, but you will be trapping them and doing what with them? Releasing them? They will be baaack!!!!

I have rabbits inside my fence, lol. So I bought an articulated wooden cobra. It scares the tar outta everybody who sees it - it's not terribly realistic, but real enough. Cost me one dollar.

Good enough to keep the rabbits out of my veggies.

Also, I do plant stuff especially for the rabbits.

(cuz I'm cool and that's how I roll)

I put a few johhny jump ups in, and they think that's their personal salad bar. Those must taste better then the other stuff, because the bunnies nibble the johnnies and that's about all.

I do still have to put the lettuce in pots. But I ain't lost a pepper or tomato plant yet.

Funny thing too, the rabbits never eat the johhnies completely gone. They just nibble them down so they'll keep growing - like they know it's their crop.
tovaxin_lab_rat (03-21-2008)