View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 07:02 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessings2You View Post
There is some snow, but not much. Enough to make it Christmasy, but it does't last for months and months.

Summers are not too hot or too humid. Longer springs and autumns, please.

Traffic is light. No cloverleaf or multi-lane highway in my neighborhood.

No tornadoes, earthquakes, hurricanes, poisonous snakes, grizzly bears, active volcanoes, alligators, weekly blizzards, flying waterbugs, mountain lions, scorpions, or packs of wolves.

I'm thinking a small city/large town. I'd like to be able to walk to the Post Office, church, somewhere to pick up a loaf of bread and a jug of milk. Public transportation would be nice.

Low crime rate, and low housing cost would also be a plus.

How am I doing? Do you recognize your neighborhood yet as my "dream home", or do you need more details?

Sounds very much like where I live right now!!

Small city, 1/2 mile from the shopping centre, & church... and there's a bus stop 100 yards from the front door. Very low crime rate, and you can still buy a 3BR brick & tile family home for under $200,000.

We don't have tornadoes, earthquakes, hurricanes, grizzly bears, active volcanoes, alligators, blizzards, flying waterbugs, mountain lions, scorpions, or packs of wolves.

Traffic is very light. What's a cloverleaf? Multi-lane highway means 2 lanes in my state.

Summers are not too hot or humid at all.....we have long springs and autumns.

But it's around now we meet a problem!

We don't have snow at Christmas (well, we did once....but only on the mountain tops), and even in the middle of winter (July) it rarely ever snows in the cities and towns. And we do have snakes.........not in the cities, only out in the country areas, but they are poisonous.

Oh well! I guess it sounded idyllic for a while there

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
whispers (03-24-2008)