View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 11:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default creative

You know, depending on the level of pain management you've been getting, this is either a very thoughtful and creative choice, or off the wall.

I don't know what you've been on for your pain, and what has helped, but I'd hope that all the routine meds have been tried: The anti-epileptics, anti-depressants (remember, these stabilize nerves and are not only active in the one diagnosis they were first approved for), opioids, and maybe Rebuilder, TENS and the like. I believe there's a sticky here with a pretty complete list of what's being used for neuropathic pain these days.

Some doctors are excellent with sticking with us, and working their way through the menu of drugs, but some are not. If you've a good one, and s/he has been working methodically, then I'd say you've got someone who cares, and is willing to be creative about what to use.

Are you doing all the non-drug things that various people here recommend? From supplements to exercise (yoga, t'ai chi, meditation, stress reduction, etc). They, too, are an integral part of pain management.

Right now, the newest ingredient on my list is Feldenkrais therapy. It's geared at finding ways of moving which reduce pain, and it is helpful.

Keep us posted on how it works, promise?

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote