View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 09:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I think I have had the kind of pain you are describing. I have had the shooting pains a while after the pain at the back of my head also. It has made me completely unable to do anything but hold my head and moan!
I tried a chiropractor, and it was worse.
Unfortunately I have not received any definite diagnosis either.
I do know it occurs everytime I do something that requires pushing forward with my arms--such as pushing a lawn mower. I can use a weed eater because this is a lifting motion, but not the mower.
I cannot do any type of push-up exercises.
Once the pain starts, it lasts for several days.
You might try to notice if certain activities affect how you feel.
This limiting certain activities, and excedrin pain reliever seems to work a lot of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonr View Post
Hello,
Have stumbled across this site and was hoping someone could help me / advise.
Apologies if I am babling/using the wrong wording for things but am only recently learning things about my pain.
I have suffered from "neck" ache for as long as I can remember, maybe the past 20 years. The pain I have always had is in that round bone at the base of my head, top of my neck - Is this the Occipital Region???

Over the past few years it has gotten a lot lot worse and it aches each and every day and makes me feed irritated, nauseous, get shooting pains, sensitive scalp.

I have had a brain and neck scan which have come back clear, so the neurologist dismissed me saying it was stress (only stress I have is my neck ache!!) and saying I have cronic migranes and wanted to prescribe anti-epeleptic drugs for me. I didnt have much faith in him as he said the pain in my neck region (occipital region??) was not connected to the shooting pains?!? I completely 100% disagree.

So, have been trying to find a reason and solution to the pain myself which is so frustrating and worrying. I have some sessions with a chiropractor and this helped with the numbness/weakness on my arms and face (forgot to mention this was also happening on right hand side). but did nothing to ease neck/head pain. Then began to see massage therapist and physio (both of whom I am still seeing) and they helped with tightness and headaches but the pain in that round bone is still there each day. My last two visits to physio and massage therapist involved a lot os rubbing and work around this round bone and each time I have come home and woke up in the middle of the night with nausea and began vomitting (this is what has happened tonight). AM I doing wrong by having this treatment / why is this happening.

I also had an x-ray in my neck which showed my neck has lost its curve.

So confused and unhappy?

Any advise? PLEASE?
maycat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote