View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 11:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by braingonebad View Post
Very interesting!

Stuff like oxy, you have to wonder how many of the deaths involved people who did not have a prescription. How many did, but why were they taking it. Their health issues might have been pretty serious to warrent the use of that drug.

The article made a good point about how they approved the AIDS and cancer drugs, and why that shouldn't be the way to do so for other meds.

Thanks for posting this.
I take oxy for pain due to MS, so MS pain can be serious enough to warrant it too.

I'm really shocked that beta-interferon is on the list. We haven't seen any screaming headlines about that or any research looking into it. Isn't the company that produces it a publicly traded company? I'd have thought there would have been some kind of investor headline if nothing health-wise if it was a leading cause of death due to med-use.

Thanks for posting this. I found it really interesting.

Edited to add: I just read the full report. Surprising that it's also listed as a major cause of disability or other adverse event. If neurologists are the ones reporting, they would not be doing so if it was just MS progression that was happening and not some different kind of disability or adverse event.

I'll have to check to see if the FDA database says what exactly has been reported.

Again thanks!

Last edited by wannabe; 03-22-2008 at 12:10 AM.
wannabe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote