View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 12:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by numb View Post
Hi,
I have been looking for an attorney to respresent me to suit kaiser but with no luck so far although i truely believe my rsd was caused by the IV trauma due the hospital staff's neligience. On the day of the incident, the IV was unusually painful and i repeatedly informed different nurses and doctors about it. They just ignored me. When the anetheologist infused the numbing medication to put me to sleep prior to the procedure, i felt the sharp pain passing through the IV site. I screamed and i shortely thereafter fell alseep. I think that's was when most of the demages were occurred. I felt that if the hospital staff intervened promptly. I would not be suffer RSD.
Has anyone on this board able to find an attorney to fight for them and win against a malpractice case? I would appreciate if you can respond to this post. I would also like to hear from someone who had lost as well. I am getting very desperated due to the statue of limitation. I am running out of time.
Any feedback and advices are greatly appreciated!
Numb

Hi numb,

Just a little feedback that may make a lawsuit a little difficult, however I do wish you very well.
Diprivin/Propofol which is the anaesthetic agent used to put you off to sleep almost always causes extreme pain when going the vein. It is unfortunately listed as a side effect and most decent anaesthetists will warn you before they inject it. Some anaesthetists add some local into the Diprivin to make it less painful.
Every time I have it I feel as though I am being burnt by the substance but it actually causes no harm at all to the vein.
Whether you could contend that you were not forewarned about the pain and attempts were not made to ease the pain I am not sure but I am not sure they will agree that your RSD started with this injection as severe pain it is part and parcel of the drug.

Having said that I do wish you every luck in the world but I do know, as cake says, they are very, very hard to sue and sometimes the cost to you in terms of health and stress may not make the payout (if one is allocated) worth the effort.

cheers and luck
Tayla
tayla4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote