View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 01:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamafigure View Post
Gabe, thanks.

Slim,
I won't ask anyone to go with me, so therefore I cannot take a mind altering drug, but mostly, I don't want to take versed.

me

Drugs are funny, I've always done well on Versed (as I hardly knew what was happening, it is indeed a powerful drug)! My mom doesn't like Versed either, everyone reacts differently. I have had problems with the narcotics though, the Demerol they gave me during my colonoscopy stayed with me for hours after the procedure, which would have been fine except they gave me a bit too much, felt like I couldn't breath for a long time. I've done fine on lower doses, when I had my GI scope done. Most times though these drugs hit you so fast you don't have time to think about it, they load you up pretty good during a colonoscopy, I didn't know where I was or what was happening and it hit me in under 5 seconds.

You know your own body better than anyone so go with your gut, if you don't want the meds than you're right, they probably will do more harm than good. Hope it's not too bad!
Slimjim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote