View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 08:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks finz - I am relieved. And very pleased that my kids will each be getting a lump check, and a monthly check until they reach age 18. This is just in the nick of time for their college. I had no idea how I was going to pay my 1/2 of their education - now I know that's what my lump check will likely go to. It's a huge relief.

I have worked full time since age 15, so have all needed credits. Yeah, Binder checks that out first.

How disabled am I? If I did 2 jumping jacks, I would have pain for 2 days, one day in the 10 range. My arms and hands would get puffy and red. If I were to clap my hands 2-3 times, like, at a naughty cat... I would have muscle spasms, and a severe headache in 1-2 hrs. If I were to trip and land on my knees and an arm (not a complete fall) on carpet, I would be in this same flare up knot-like state for the day and very sore the next day.

Basically, if I walk very gingerly and slow, no percussive movements, and treat myself like a little flower that can wilt at the slightest breeze... I'm merely uncomfortable. The movements are restricted by pain, but I can push past that and cause the crisis anyway. But pain and discomfort are always there. 24/7.

But if a weather system moves in - 2 days before it gets here - I also will go into a flare up from hell that can last up to 3 days in a 10 that meds do not touch.

It can have NOTHING to do with how I move. This makes even planning fun things impossible because I can never count on myself to feel good - let alone try to be a good, dependable employee. And to type this... is painful and now must stop.

hope this helps,
A

ps: other dx include: SAD, GERD, Depression, COPD, arthritis. otherwise, just TOS.

"It is what it is."

Last edited by astern; 03-22-2008 at 01:30 PM. Reason: add
astern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote