View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 01:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Knocking on the neighbors door!

As you know I love animals. DD brought a cat home 2 years ago that was pregnant. We took her in and she gave birth to 4 kitties. I chose one to keep for me, I watched him be born. I love him! His name is Murphy.

I let my cats run around and be cats. I have a neighbor 4-5 doors down with litle girls, and they fell in love with my Murphy. They started feeding him and keeping him last year. After he disappeared for about 5 days, I put up fliers, and they came forword. I told her to stop feeding him. She said cats should not be allowed to roam. (Screw her!)

Since then, Murphy disappears for days at a time once in a while. I don't know if this woman and her kids are still doing this.

Last week, Murphy came home with an absess under his eye from a cat fight. I got his anitbiotics and had been nursing him back to health. I have not seen him since Tuesday night and I am heart-broken and worried about his infection which had not fully healed.

I wonder if the neighbor has him in lock down. I've checked animal control, he is not there dead or alive.

I just wanted to vent....I'm at the point of being weepy over this. Last year on Good Friday my beloved Sacha died (old dog) and now, here I am this year suffering once again for a pet over the Easter weekend.

Wisdom to the soul is what health is to the body
sugarboo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote