View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 02:35 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Monica Be very, very careful

'adjusting' your own thyroid doses! It can be hard to do and at times not productive.
I am like Mrs D hypothyroid, but severely hypothyroid...I have been on all but the very highest doses of Synthroid made now. [They didn't make the highest doses they have now when I went thru the dose menu-one simply took more.]
Thyroid meds are not something for YOU to experiment with. Leave that to those docs! Please.
I've no experience with r-l-a, but tried a-l-a for a while...saw no differences other than a racing heart [seemingly] on occasion. So, I stopped. Some things are worth trying and keeping or discarding.
Just promise me? That you will take any thyroid meds at LEAST an hour separately from any other medications or supplements! This is noted in the 'prescribing information' but rarely noted by docs to patients or anyone for that matter. Some meds and suppls either decrease the effects of thyroid meds or INCREASE them. Either is not good and it varies with the type of meds and suppls.
A proper dose of thyroid meds SHOULD enable you to feel as if you hadn't just woken up from under a musty carpet tho....And, as Mrs D said often much better than before!
I do hope this helps! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
yupings (12-18-2013)