Old 03-22-2008, 03:52 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlek View Post
I am talking about 15-20 years ago... and they only went up to the 130-150 doses...[At least in my insurance plan or something?] I did try the 130 doses for a very short while? But apparently my docs didn't like the ultimate # results. As for the .3mg doses being available? I suspect that my docs would have put me on it even for a short while as my #'s were very low for a while back then. And That was BEFORE all my new thyroid issues! Which now seem to be stable [Knock wood?].

As for osteo and Synthroid? It's a sort of durned if we do, or not kind of thing, isn't it? Hugs - j
.3mg came out with the original patent (this is over 30 yrs ago). What DID come out later in time were the newer doses.
.075 (I think)

What used to be done for those patients needing the inbetween doses is that
skip days were given. Say take .125mg 6 days a week and skip Sunday.
Or .05 daily and 2 on Sunday. Then when the newer in between ones came,
the skip or add on Sunday is not common now at all.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote