View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 07:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Come on up on the porch....

Well just howdo and put yer feet up. It sho has been a rough week...but all things happen for reasons we may never know. Today was the funeral of my son's friend, Jeff. Jeff was 33 but what most stands about him, was he was a hero. A few years ago him and my son were in a semi, a car pulled from a side road in front of my son who was driving.

The car stalled, my son told me he had two choices...hit the car with 6 people in it or go for the ditch. He opted for the ditch, the truck turned over and when it hit the pavement, his door flew open. He would have fell out onto the pavement, serious injury or death. The truck was so destroyed they climbed out of a space about the size of a very small window. You see that day not only God was watching out for my son...so was Jeff.

He grabbed my son and held on to him as tightly as any mother would. He kept my son safe, they both came out of that accident with little more than bruises that healed. This week, Jeff possibly had a heart attack before wrecking and his life ended. This was not just a close friendship, but one of those life changing incidents for both of them...my son will miss his friend more than any one will know.

Jeff saved my son that day...nothing could repay that debt, but the deepest of respect I have for a young man that was the definition of the word, Man.
He was respectful of all he met and even when he would drink...never a negative statement. I guess it is true that sometimes angels do have to go home. He is now home.

I saw several posts requesting prayer for people and I am sure some are close to answering death's door, well...today on the porch we will remember those people and the good times. We will remember the laughter, fun and the times shared...as it should be.
Momma's Kids is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bannet (03-27-2008), Blessings2You (03-23-2008), DM (03-27-2008), FinLady (03-23-2008), FlyFishin Momma (03-22-2008), KarenMarie (03-23-2008), Kitty (03-23-2008), Riverwild (03-23-2008), yeahbut (03-23-2008)