View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 08:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by braingonebad View Post
Okay, I may have to dig her up and move her. Thanks!

Holly - Fatigue more than heat for me. I have a *One Bucket Rule*. I only fill one bucket with weeds, plant one bucket of plants, or spread one bucket of whatevers at a time. It used to be one wagon lol.

I found fiskars makes the lightest weight yet sturdy tools - that helps.

Garden early to keep out of the heat. You can do it at night, but then you have the skeeters. Blech, no thanks.

It is hard not to get so into it I forget to stop. I always end up sore a few times at the start of the year.

Last year I tried to garden one day. It was early spring and I was trying to get ahead of the weeds. It was only about 60 degrees and after about 45 minutes, I was in deep trouble. I was using my arms like flippers and almost couldn't get the door open to get back into the house. That is when I gave up.

Today I had to choose between frosting cupcakes and being able to curl my hair. I just don't know what I can do with the gardening unless it is extremely low maintenance. The weeds around here are going to kill me. I have 1/2 an acre and I couldn't keep up even if I didn't work especially when I only have a small window of ability each day.

Is there any such thing as plants that choke out weeds?

Take me back to days full of monkeyshines
Bouncin' on a bubble full of trouble in the summer sun
Keep your raft from the riverboat
Fiction over fact always has my vote
And wrinkles only go where the smiles have been...

Jimmy Buffett from "Barefoot Children in the Rain"

hollym is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote