Thread: Roll Call!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 07:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm Annie. Married with two kids (6 & 7). Diagnosed with CRPS type II almost a year ago after a venipuncture injury to my radial nerve that occurred while donating blood in early 2005. Original symptoms were in my right forearm, but spread in late 2005 to right shoulder and right side of face/head. I'm very fortunate in that I don't have a severe case, and most pain is controlled by anticonvulsants ~2/3 of the time. No swelling, little redness, but have contracture of right hand, major cold & wind sensitivity, moderate touch sensitivity, deep bone aches, burning, periodic muscle twitching in arm, etc.. Able to work, although concentration significantly affected by meds & irritability during flare-ups. Am a scientist and need dexterity in my hand to do technical work. Because my symptoms worsened & spread last winter, and are very much affected by cold, I'm nervous about the onset of cold weather this year (live in Wisconsin). Consider myself extremely lucky it's not worse at this point.
Annie Poo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote