View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 08:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Ummmm Donuts

I have made them in the past. We were based in Michigan and during the winter every Sunday was baking & laundry day.Lots of work, the donuts, but well worth the work & wait!!
I could not find any lard to fry them in but I think I used good old fashioned white clumps of
Crisco.
I never attempted to glaze them just used powdered sugar sprinkled over them. [OK, I drowned them in 10X sugar!]

Despite what my Gram used to say, warm donuts drowning in powered sugar, do NOT give you a bellyache!!

My Gram used to make donuts on Faschnact Day , the Tuesday before Ash Wednesday and sell dozens to almost everyone in town. Guess who was the delivery person??

We used to have donuts rising on EVERY flat surface in the house, fold out couch covered with clean sheet absolutely covered with donuts!!! A child's dream come true!!

I'm sure your donuts will be a big seller, store bought donuts cannot possibly taste the same. Good Luck and enjoy those warm donuts and the holes also!!

Oh gosh, now I am craving donuts, I'll bring the coffee and cold milk see you in a few hours!!
Risby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (03-23-2008), yeahbut (03-23-2008)