View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Z View Post
It works the other way around. The Provincial Plan covers most of your health care costs and there are no limits. It doesn't cover rx drugs (except for seniors and/or some treatments) dental care, chiropractic, psychologists, optometrists and a few other services. People usually get the extended coverage plans which vary in cost and coverage. For instance, the Provincial Plan covers hospital ward bed costs but not semi or private rooms. Your Extended covers most if not all of the difference.

Harry

Yeah, it works the same way here . . . but I was thinking strictly about the cost of prescriptions.

They implemented this new plan here a few years ago, whereby the government picks up on some amount of the rx's, even if you have an extended health plan (which most of us do, if we are employed, on LTD, or private plans, like yours). You HAVE to register for it (it is something beyond standard medical or low income prescription coverage), and they top up on some amount of rx's. I haven't made use of it in any way because I hardly use medication, so I'm not even sure how it works . . .

That's what I was asking if you knew anything about . . .?

Cherie