View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 06:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for asking and still praying for Benton. I was at the ER clinic most of the day with him. He has CRF and is still on IV fluids, with Pepcid AC, Alternagel and Ampicillin. He's still throwing up his food so they started giving him Reglan. When I was there he was gnawing at his IV which seemed like a good sign. But he seemed to not be right and started holding his head in a funny way. I called the tech that was there and she examined him and said he's in respiratory distress. They stopped the IV fluids and did a chest x-ray right away. They found fluid build-up around his lungs and his heart seemed a little big on the x-rays. They're moving him to an internist in the AM for an echocardiogram. They're using an oxygen cage to help with his breathing problems until they know what's happening.

I didn't want to leave him because I can't help feeling that this is the beginning of the end. I was holding him today and told him I'm going to do everything in my power buddy to help you get better and bring you home again.

Cats nap, only humans put them "to sleep". Sterilize, don't euthanize!!

BJ
BJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (03-24-2008), southie (03-23-2008)