Thread: Fiberowendy
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 09:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

LOL It didn't work for me either, so I had to try again and make myself Wittesea*.

What I wanted to type yesterday was about the bipolar diagnosis.... I was diagnosed with bipolar several years ago and put on mood stabilizers, etc... Then a few years later the diagnosis was 'downgraded' to cyclothymia (a milder form of bipolar) and then the doctors decided that I don't have a mood disorder, but rahter my mild mood changes are due to my physical body changes (energetic when no pain is low, depressed when pain is high).

I'm not trying to suggest that your doctors are wrong about the bipolar, I just wanted to let you know that I have 'been there done that' with being diagnosed and the mood stabilizers, etc...

I do know that when I was diagnosed with bipolar that I was having mega mood swings, and the mood stabilizers really helped....

The bipolar forum here has a lot of great people who are very supportive and have a lot of information and experience....

In my experience, it's so hard to balance the physical with the emotional and the mental - and then balance the meds for all of them. For me when I was diagnosed as bipolar, it was also hard to figure out the mood swings in terms of what is anxiety and what is bipolar, and what was just normal life mood changes.... but talking about it really helped.

Anyway, I'm glad to see you here and posting. Let me know if you need anything

Liz
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote