Thread: Big Give
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 06:57 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Default Big Give

I've been watching Oprah's Big Give on Sunday evenings. It's really got me thinking....there are so many needy and deserving people in our world. Some are victims of their own bad decisions. Some are just victims of "life happening". The children are what really touch me. They're innocent and must adapt and adjust to so many changes that are through no fault of their own.

What would YOU do if you had $100,000 and had to give it all away? Is there a cause that is close to your heart? What would you do to make life easier for someone else?

In the show the rules were no more than $500 to any one person and no more than $10,000 to any one organization. You can't give the cash away - you have to actually DO something with the money.

One lady went to Target and told 20 people that were shopping that she would give them 5 minutes to get $500 worth of stuff and she would pay for it. There was a homeless family there that benefited from this. I would just LOVE to be able to do this. What a wonderful feeling that must have been to know that you made a different in someone's life.

What would you do?
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jodylee (03-24-2008), tkrik (03-24-2008)