View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 10:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default morning Vicky

Let me know how the seminars go. I appreciate the info you have offered. I'll look for the book.
You know Vicky, sometimes the patients are so funny and you are so sure they are getting better, but next visit total change. I've been jotting down notes for years off and on, hoping one day to put some together. I have to depend on my memory and dang, it is getting as bad as the patients I see everytime I go see MIL.

They have moved Mary to another wing of the Alzheimer's- Dementia side of the NH. The side they moved her to is the side where all the patients are bed-ridden, never expected to be up and about ever again.

Mary can still walk, sometimes she needs someone with her though. I hate so much we had to place her!! Ken keeps reminding me of the reasons we did have to, but I just wish it were different.

I like the "bunny"and the patient's joy at just seeing a pet. Mary used to love animals. When we moved her here. I moved the dogs too. they were used to living in the house, but I had to draw the line there. I'm allergic to most annimals, especially cats! Not long after we moved her she lost all interest in the little dogs. Even to this day she does not want them to get near her. I found this very strange, but I've been told many times they change their habits with a lot of things things.It is all so so sad. thank you for your responce Vicky. Jo
JoJo6 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote