View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 11:10 AM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

I had those heart symptoms related to B12 deficiency, and it all stopped when I fixed that.

I think those symptoms can be related to iron deficiency, too, but I don't know as much about iron deficiency off the top of my head. Maybe someone else does.

Have we covered B12 deficiency yet? If not~ ask for B12, methylmalonic acid, and homocysteine to be added to the testing... and check out the B12 deficiency page in TGF. [yep...I mentioned this already in the other thread]

I was offered a beta blocker for my PVCs and racing heart, but my doctor presented it in a way that it was optional. It would help with the symptoms, but the symptoms weren't a danger.... just anxiety producing! Some times I thought I was going to die waiting for the next beat, other times I felt like my heart was going to beat right out of my chest. Fast, slow, erratic... a mind of its own for sure. I declined the beta blocker, and it wasn't long after that my B12 deficiency was discovered. I mention this mostly because if you do get a celiac diagnosis, or discover you have other nutritional deficiency and correct it, you may be able to ask your doctor if you can try weaning from the medication rather than stay on it for life (if it isn't needed anymore...not suggesting you do this without consulting your doctor).

Cara

jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote