View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 02:00 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink mrsD is from mrsdoubtfyre

I wanted my ID here spelled mrsD ...but I was out of town, and had my son
make it for me (so someone else would not take it) and he forgot to capitalize the "D".

mrsdoubtfyre comes from the movie...very loosely. I really liked that movie and felt that the character by Robin Williams really accomplished quite a bit as an alter identity. I really didn't pay that much attention to the cross dressing, as it didn't interest me in the way some people react to it. I am fairly open minded. And besides, men have been playing women on stage since Shakespeare..
Well, so then the first time I ever used a screen name on the net and I just was flamed endlessly. Especially by men. I was just naive and didn't understand how aggressive and mean the internet can be. All the trolls and people who lie typically reacted negatively, so it became a barometer of sorts for me to highlight who to IGNORE...

So I used to say: I am a woman and not a man in drag! LOL that usually shut them up. But I occasionally get spam in my emails directed towards men...male enhancement stuff.

Then as the years passed (since Jan 2000) people started to call me mrsD.
So I changed to that for here. I have mrsdoubtfyre in my signature if you look closely, so that anyone who searches my old name on an engine will find me here.
It has remained fairly unique on the net, all these years, much to my surprise.
I changed the spelling to not infringe on any trademark, and keep lower case because I don't care much for ego-type things.

At one time I would have changed it if I could, when the flaming was terrible.
But over time, I have begun to like it now, sort of like an old comfy pair of shoes!

Since I like to shake things up now and then and get people to start thinking...the name has taken on
a new cast for me lately. I sort of like to instill some doubt-ful thinking where I feel we have been bamboozled by
the media, and medical community. Often the truth, can be found to be very different from what we
expected!

In the movie...Robin Williams makes the name up by reading the paper, while
applying for the nanny position. I sort of liked that, since my mother named me from the paper when I
was born...a little girl surviving a fire. So my real name came that way.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cyclelops (03-25-2008)