View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjeans View Post
My point is Erin that I think this doctor is a wacko. I told him today that I don't think he is listening to me. That I may not be his worst paitent, but I am hurting, that maybe he is missing something....I think he thinks its all in my head. He has that deer in headlight look when I talk to him...

We all know that Fibro is a condition that many doctors don't think exist. I do NOT have the area's of pain associated to Fibro...none! Just this one spot on my back. I don't know about the lyrica, it says it makes you fat....I don't need it!

So I guess the answer is to just forget it all, never go to a doctor again and give up. Live with it. All of it and let the morgue figure it out when I die.

I'm going to see my PCP tomorrow, and maybe consider a Neurosurgeon....and then I'm done with everything. Done done done!!! I've had it!!!

Dont tell your regular doctor that you think the other guy is whacko...just say something like you think he's not taking you as seriously as you think he should.

It does seems that the whacko doctor is trying to address the pain that you told him about. He's not trying to treat you for fibro, he's trying to help you with the pain. Lyrica is used as a treatment for nerve pain, and it does sound like he's trying to help you with that. The Lyrica isnt made to specifically help nerve pain in your hands and feet...if you have nerve pain anywhere on your body, it should help whatever nerve pain you have.

I've thought about asking my neuro or my regular doctor for some Lyrica, I have low back pain that is either from a back injury that I got in 1999, or it's caused by MS. If it's caused by MS, it's probably nerve pain, and maybe it would help.

I saw the side effects when I looked it up, and I dont like them either...mostly the whole thing about dependance on the drug. I dont like taking meds that I could potentially become dependant on. Which is why I havent asked for Lyrica yet.

But, whacko doctor has offered you an option (the Lyrica) for your pain. Is it just the potential side effects that are keeping you from trying it, or is it something else that's making you to not want to try it?

Not everyone is going to experience a side effect. It's just a list of things that were reported by people during the trials they did when studying the drug. It's something to watch for, but it's not a guarantee that everyone will experience the side effects.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote