Old 03-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I forgot to add Interferential {IF / INF } stimulation
similar to a TENS but differing frequency and depth of action/affect {deeper into muscle & cells}

It really can feel like a massage at the right settings.
My daughter also had some treatments with a similar type of electric stim {a neuro stim?- I should have got the name off of it}
she said it helped her muscle aches & pain too.

she didn't like my EMS stim though and it is pretty wimpy compared to the pro models that PTs & chiro use. I should have got a rx from my chiro and bought the little IF stim- only costs a bit more, but do need the Rx.

[Interferential current therapy (IFC): This type of stimulation is characterized by the crossing of two electrical medium, independent frequencies that work together to effectively stimulate large impulse fibers. These frequencies interfere with the transmission of pain messages at the spinal cord level. Because of the frequency, the Interferential wave meets low impedance when crossing the skin to enter the underlying tissue. This deep tissue penetration can be adjusted to stimulate parasympathetic nerve fibers for increased blood flow. Interferential Stimulation differs from TENS because it allows a deeper penetration of the tissue with more comfort (compliance) and increased circulation.

Interferential current therapy is essentially a deeper form of TENS. In essence, IFC modulates a high frequency (4000 Hz) carrier waveform with the same signal produced by a TENS unit. The high frequency carrier waveform penetrates the skin more deeply than a regular TENS unit, with less user discomfort for a given level of stimulation. Deep in the tissues, the carrier waveform is cancelled out, resulting in a TENS-like signal deep under the skin.
]
http://www.healiohealth.com/tek9.asp...cific=jnnrmmm8

more-
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...l+stim&spell=1