View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 03:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Cherie,

Thank you for your response. I am very much a person who feels that knowledge is power. I do much better knowing all the possibilities. I am a realist. I don't always assume the worst will happen, but I do like to know the possibilities so I can be prepared.

I, too, have a very high tolerance for pain. My neuro knows that I want to stay away from meds as much as possible. I must say, though, last night I would have taken something if I had it. It was much worse than it had ever been before. Usually it is just a tight squeezing feeling, which to me isn't exactly pain, more like intense discomfort. But this time is is just down right painful. I was in tears most of the night. I am much better now. More like pressure and squeezing now.

I do have a call into my neuro office, waiting to hear back. I have a regular appt for next Monday. I'm hoping I can wait until then. I agree with you about it probably being a spinal lesion. I had suspected that I probably have those, but don't know a whole lot about them. I had read one time that the ms hug is due to a spinal lesion. I had only a brain scan when I was dx, which was fine. So I won't be surprised if he wants to do a spinal scan. Not sure, if there is a purpose is doing that, or if we just deal with the sx that occur. What do you think?

I'm 99% sure I don't have any type of infection. But that is a good thought. I have listened to the dr when saying to not just automatically blame everything on the MS.

I have had some bowel/bladder issues that have come and gone in the past... you know I'm still piecing things together that have occurred. I have had this issue return her recently. I didn't realize that it might stem from the spine lesions. I guess, as I go along, I will get more educated and figure out what goes with what. I am trying to pay attention to even the small things that are returning... not to be a worry wort, but to become more aware of knowing what is coming up and what to expect.

As far a steroids go, my neuro will stay away from those anyway unless it becomes a last resort. I had hystoplasmosis in one of my eyes as a teen. So I lost my center vision in that eye. He says the steroids could possibly reactivate that, which of course we want to avoid.

This is kinda along the same lines, but something weird happened when I got up in the night and you know how you look out into the dark, but of course you can see just a little bit? Well I saw things going across my line of vision. I reached because I thought I left my reading glasses on and I was seeing the frames of those. But that wasn't the case. I have seen things like this before at night, but not as bad as it was this time. The images just stayed there all night. I had been noticing over time that things are somewhat blurry, even after I had gotten my new glasses. Years ago , I was told that I might have macular degeneration in my good eye, which typically if an older person thing. But now I'm starting to wonder if its just the ms.

In an earlier thread you had given me a lot to think about with possibly retiring. My school district is working with me on that. I am so close to being able to retire legitimately. But they are trying to help me have the option of doing it at the end of this school year if I need to or possibly come back part-time. They are being great. So really it is just me being able to make that decision. If they can help me draw my retirement and still work part time in addition, that might be great for me now. I could probably swing it financially, and I would have to quit cold turkey. I'll probably know for sure in a few days. Your statements did help guide me and give me the bravery I need to do what is right for me.

Well this is probably too much info. I have never sent a PM, so not sure how to do that. But I really appreciate your responses. You think a lot like me, and have been through so much of it already. I appreciate your sharing with me.

Thank you!

HANG IN THERE!

If I had to sum up FRIENDSHIP in one word, it would be COMFORT. ~Adabella Radici

MS/dx2006
BETASERON (Quit May 2011)
COPAXONE (Began June 2011)
Friend2U is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote