View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Robaxim and Flector

I posted under meds - but it doesn't seem like there's a lot of traffic. Thought I'd say something here too since I never heard of either of these and maybe they could help somebody else.

Robaxim (methocarbamol) is a muscle relaxer that seems to work about as well as 5-10 mgs of flexeril, but without making me drowsy.

How cool is that?

It's a big deal when you're already coping with fatigue, ya know?

Side eefects say it can turn urine blue, green or black - so glad I read that. If I had not and it had happened I SO would have freaked.

And Flector is a pain patch that is non narcotic. It's pretty big - 3x5? - so I have to cut it in half. I used the samples one half at a time and they worked all right. Not like I'm all better, but I could turn my head without wincing, lol.

Just got my RX in the mail and used both halves - sounds stoopid, to cut it then use both, but it stays on better that way. I'sm supposed to use 2 patches a day and they say it can take a few days to notice the full effect.

This might be just one more choice for some types of pain - if you can use an NSAID and have localized pain. It mellowed out the sharp stabbing pain a bit, eased the ache some.

You DO have to be cautious with disposing of these just like with Duragesic patches. Don't let kids or critters get ahold of them.

Now... where the heck am I gonna store 3 months of these? That's a big box.

I'd say between them both my pain level is down from a 7 today to a four. Not bad.

I may just try to play my guitar.
ewizabeth (03-25-2008), hollym (03-24-2008), MSacorn (03-27-2008), SallyC (03-24-2008)