View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 05:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Prayers Coming Your Way !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8rgirl View Post
My mom has been sick for quite some time and she is back in the hospital again. This time with double pneumonia. She is 90 - 91 in May. She has COPD, asthma, chronic bronchitis and high blood pressure....I guess at her age, that's not too bad.

Anyway, she was admitted to the hospital on Friday with double pneumonia and she's pretty sick this time. She has also edema in both legs. Not sure what is causing that, but probably complications from the pneumonia and sitting in her chair and not keeping her legs elevated as she's supposed to do.

She's on IV antibiotics - avelox, and probably a couple of other meds to decrease the fluid in her lungs and treat the edema. She's been on 4 litres of oxygen for about 2 years.

My sister is keeping me posted on her progress and I will call her daily for updates. She lives just outside Tulsa so it's not an easy trip for me. I was just down there right after Christmas and this is the 2nd time she's been in the hospital since then.

Also keep my sister on your prayer list too as she is the one who has to take care of my mom. No one else is there to help her. My brother refuses to help when Mom gets sick. Mom should have been admitted to the hospital earlier this week, but my brother wouldn't return her phone calls while my sister was out of town. Family...sometimes you just want to smack 'em.
I am going to pray for your mom who is indeed very sick. I will pray for your sister and I will pray for you. It is not easy to be far away; you feel you are not doing this or that. Try to relax and say prayers full of love in your heart. Prayers know no distance. Love has wings. It is too bad that your sister has no help from your brother.

Yeah...I know what you mean. Sometimes family can be so discouraging and those who do nothing sometimes are the worst critics. Been there; don't like it. It is better just to pray instead of worrying. God bless your mama and God bless you. I am 'onathirdjourney' One of these days I will get it right...
whispers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tovaxin_lab_rat (03-24-2008)