Thread: My HBOT
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 05:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ada,
I am so glad that you are off the meds, I know they have their place in treatment, but side effects can be brutal. I do hope you are fairing well.

I just want to clear up something with everyone. I am in NO way advocating that everyone should have HBO Chamber in their home. In fact, I think that there are many risks involved. Accidents can be deadly. HBO treatment, I feel should be rendered by a doctor or a certified tech. My son is an EMT and a rescue diver like myself. Although, it is often said that side effects are rare, I think much research still needs to be conducted, for the new applications that HBOT is being used for.

To place a chamber in the home requires much careful planning and knowledge. Precautions for fire, loss of power, grounding rods, special flooring, no carpet, (OXYGEN=FIRE POTENTIAL). no oil products in the room, and the lists goes on. I understand that desperate times require desperate actions, but for sure the potential for a disaster is real.

Anyone considering buying a chamber, should educate themselves to the fullest and get a certified tech to run the chamber. Also, if there is only the patient and the chamber attendant, you should call somone close that knows how to run the chamber as well, and give them your down time and a call when you are finished so they know you are safe. If they don't receive a call they can alert 911 and get to your aid if there is a problem. You also should inform the nearest fire department about the use of oxygen.
I know this sounds overboard, but in fact, I have left out all the medical scenerios that are possible ie: a colapsed lung, seizure, blood sugar problems, and the list goes on.

I wish for all, the best pain free days possible. I just wanted to clarify some of what is involved in owning a HBO chamber. There is so little space to give fully, and clearly an explanation of all considerations.

It took me years, of research, diving instruction (with a partner) and planning to get to the point where I would put a chamber in my house, (within its own room), never mind ever being comfortable with it. I also have two fire fighter friends close, that we trained for an emergency. Overboard, you might say so, but definately precautious.

Well, I could go on forever, so I better stop. All the best to all of you.
Diana
DianaA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote