View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 06:04 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I did not say this book was for everyone! It has some good points and some bad points!

It was recommended to me as a reference tool and came in handy when I was suffering pretty bad with migraines and no one could come up with an answer!

If you've read my history about migraines, I have been through the ringer. There are some foods that trigger mine and I know that, but there must also be something else because I do not eat these foods anymore. I am very careful about my diet. I was still getting killer migraines and the only way that they would be stopped was a trip to the ER and medication.

Thank goodness for my current neurologist and her forward thinking and putting me on topamax. This has been the only drug that has ever worked long term for me. Everything else stopped working after about 6-8 months.

Like you bhaag, I was dosing out on the triptans daily! I was taking 10mg of Maxalt daily...you can take 2 pills...and the migraines were not going away. I was on Verapamil...nothing...Cafergot...nothing. Imitrex didn't even phase me! I cannot even remember some of the drugs I took!

I tried biofeedback, acupuncture. If there was some whacked out treatment for migraines, I tried it! There was no rhyme no reason to my migraines; they were not related to my cycle as I had had a hysterectomy when I was 32 years old! So...

Anyway, if the book gives you some insight about headaches, good. If it doesn't then all you wasted was a few bucks and some reading time.

Everyone reacts differently to medication...and treatment...that's my story and I am sticking to it!

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vowel Lady (03-25-2008)