View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 06:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abasaki View Post
Lyrica is the newest generation of Neurontin....

The patent on Neurontin had expired so was available to become generic... Lyrica supposedly has less side effects than neurontin and is higher strength at lower dosage.

I've been on it for almost.... wow... almost 3 years.

I gained weight but can't/won't say it was directly related to Lyrica alone.

Also... it took me longer than a week to know if it was working or not... I take it for RSD. No Fibro, No Diabetic Neuropathy....

Also you can't take it off an on.... you have to take it consistently and not stop suddenly.

Abbie
Hi,
Thanks for answering...does it make you feel bad? Does it make you feel high? Does it make you sleep? I don't want my personality to change on a drug, and I hate taking any drug...esp one I'll become addicted too. Do you know why its addicting? Does it make you HAPPY is that why its addicting? I know I'm full of questions today, but I take seriousely any new drugs I introduce into my body, esp without a dx...

I may be over reacting....because I feel like my pain is centralized in my low back with pins/needles in hands/feet....I'm confused how these few sx become a Fibro thing? I know you may not know, but does someone?

Sorry I'm asking so many questions...and I'm going to the doctors...I'm just exhausted, confused, torn and suspicious of a doctor just throwing drugs at me without a REASON.....I know Lyrica is for other things besides Fibro...but the list is pretty small and I'm not Diabetic....

Can anyone talk about Neuropathy?

Wisdom to the soul is what health is to the body
sugarboo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote