View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 08:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Not sure if this will be any help or not. I have Fibromyalgia & RSD. Fibro officially dx'ed since 1989, this type of pain my whole life. RSD officially dx'ed since 2004, this type of pain & sensations since 2003. Fibro pain is body wide spread body pain in muscles etc. RSD pain started in my both of my feet at the same time, left foot worse & still is the worst one. Yes the Fibro pain is way different than RSD pain. RSD pain mostly over rides the Fibro pain. But now that RSD pain is under better control since fall 2005, I feel the Fibro pain more often, like today it really sucks big time. The weather is about to change from perfect to of course, not so perfect. When the BP (barometric pressure) goes up or down, up being the worst. Wet & cooler & windier. Typical spring weather. But I can feel the damn weather changes, BP changes, way early with the Fibro pain.

I take Morphine for RSD pain, with Oxycodone for BTP (breakthrough pain). I also can take a bit more morphine as needed due to all the weather causing me more pain.

I do not think having RSD causes Fibro pain to be worse nor vice versa. It just is. The RSD pain was so bad when it started one morning that I would say for almost 2 yrs I did NOT even feel the Fibro Pain. And up until RSD hit, I totally thought Fibro pain was the WORST PAIN I would ever probably feel. When asked about pain using 1 thru 10 being the worst, I would say I had days of 10 +++ (plus, plus, plus) it was so bad. It would keep me bed ridden for several days at a time. I would have to take loads of Aleve or Motrin with Norco. And it got so bad after a car wreck in 1993 I was taught how to give myself Torodol IM injections for headaches & Fibro pain both. That car wreck made the Fibro pain get even worse than it already was. I even missed work off & on in the spring or fall. Those were the worst ever times for me with Fibro pain. That is, when the Barometric Pressure would go up & down. And when it went up it was the WORST EVER!!. I still suffer Fibro pain due to BP changes, but I no longer have to give myself Torodol injections. An Atlas-Orthoganol Chiropracter fixed my neck & got pretty much rid of the headache pain as long as I continue to see a NUCCA Chiropracter for maintenance to keep the headaches at bay now. If I take Aleve for the Fibro pain along with Morphine for the RSD pain, I can keep the Fibro pain in better control during BP changes.

Man I hope this made sense..........*LOL* If not well ask me anything you would want clarificaion on. *LOL* I am really sleepy here lately. It gets day light so early any more I am having a difficult time going back to sleep in the mornings after taking my 6am meds. It is frustrating. So anyway I am loosing sleep & having a hard time catching it back up.

Good Luck,
DebbyV
Debby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote