View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 09:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjeans View Post
Julie,
Since you have a Fibro DX, I'm wondering how that came to be? Here is a list of SX I found, and I suppose I could fall under some of these descriptions:

Muscle pain--yes--most in the back
Fatigue--yes--because I don't sleep
Trouble sleeping--yes
Joint pain, stiffness (sometimes worse in the morning) --yes
Headaches -- Never a big complaint, but yes, come and go
Restless legs -- I have a DX for this
Tingling or numbness in hands and feet -- YES
Problems with thinking and memory (sometimes called "fibro fog") Comes and goes
Leg cramps-- Not really
Feeling nervous--Not really
Depression-- At times
Feeling dizzy or lightheaded--yes, more if I'm down and getting up
Painful cramping during your period --what is painful? It hurts sometimes
Jaw pain --I clench my teeth at night...so yes
Upset stomach, cramping, bloating, feeling constipated or diarrhea--if I eat the wrong foods, yes
Trouble swallowing --never, but a phobia
Frequent or painful urination --frequent, but not painful

It also says you have to have these 'points of pain' throughout the body. Not that I've ever thought about, none that I'd say yes to except my back....so when I've looked at Fibro in the past, I could not wrap around it because its mostly my back.

So I ask you....WTH to YOU think???

I'm not dx'ing myself, but since the doc wants to do a Nerve Conduction study and wants me on Lyrica, I feel he's leaning this way now, maybe he just has bad bedside manners, but knows his stuff (His resume makes him look like a highly educated doc)....

What is your opinion of this Fibro thing that SOME doctors don't think exist?

Just to be clear, I'm going to my PCP tomorrow...going to bring all this stuff up...and was thinking a sleep study and a neurosurgeon...but what about a Rhumy? I've never been to one....is that worth a try?

Does Fibro exist or is it a name for a loon? <grin>

How does low back pain turn into this? I'm so darn confused today....someone shoot me now!!

All with personal knowledge are welcome to provide input
1st off have you even had the tender points tested? Do you have bad fatigue?

Fibro is VERY real and I'm not just saying it because I think I have it, some Dr.'s don't like to belive what they can't see. Fibro doesn't show up on blood test, MRI, x-rays, etc so some Dr.'s don't think it's real because they can't "see" it.

LOTS of people that have other issues (MS, diabetes, cancer, etc) have fibro also.

I got DX by a Rhumy, I had back aches and headaches that never ends and muscle stiffness and awful fatigue that had been going on for years and was only get worst.

If I were you I would see a Rhumy and tell him/her your SX and that MS (and anything else) had been ruled out but you Know sometime is going on. If you do have fibro that still might not be the only thing you have.

I have read and the chiro told me that my fibro could be caused by my neck problem.

You know I have had back & neck aches forever I didn't even know it was as bad as it is, I just thought everyones back hurt like mine did. I though most of it was just muscle stiffness from the fibro. I NEVER remember a time my back didn't hurt.

I don't want to take up a LOT of room here and post my SX list again but if you want to see it again just let me know, I can even just PM it to you.

DX with Fibromyalgia, 1998
DX with MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity), June 2008
DX with Food Allergies, wheat, sesame, fresh pineapple

momXseven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote