Old 03-24-2008, 11:07 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjeans View Post
Thanks Julie,
I did read up a bit, and found it very interesting that people with a DX of Fibro, also have MS....There is a connection...also Rhumatoid Arthritis and a few others. But anyway...I saw you write about that too, I had no idea.

Autoimmune diseases are TERRIBLE. I'll see the PCP tomorrow and let you know what he says.

Anyone who knows what is wrong is darn lucky.

The rest of us? It never ends, you throw money at dead ends, You constantly question yourself AND your sanity....and I could just scream. You want to quit, but when the pain is always there and ruining your sleep...What else can you do? Its wrong, its unfair and I hate it.

Compassion is greatly appreciated

Night all

I only recently discovered that autoimmune diseases run thru my family. My uncle (dad's little brother) died in 1995 while waiting for a heart transplant. My aunt (a nurse) told me that my uncle's viral infection that caused his heart problem had probably triggered an autoimmune disorder of some sort that caused the heart problems and probably caused the pancreatitis that actually killed him. (his heart was going pretty strong when he died)

My other aunt (dad's little sister) has rheumatoid arthritis.

My dad's 2nd cousin (female cousin) is the only other person I've heard of in my family that has MS. She got her first exacerbation the same week her brother dived headfirst into a lake and broke his neck and became a quad. Their mom had a bad year or two after that. She had to take care of two paralyzed young adult children. My cousin apparently got better after they treated her with the steroids. Too bad they couldnt do anything for her brother. I havent met her yet, but I've met her brother. He's really cool. Funny guy.

On my mom's side of the family, half the people there have food and environmental allergies, which are autoimmune in nature. A few of them have the serious ones that can kill you. Lucky me, I'm allergic to seafood and some penicillin based antibiotics.

I have a feeling that diseases like Fibro, MS, all have something to do with allergies or a disease that somehow triggers the immune system and starts the immune system to attacking our bodies.

I have no way of knowing this is true, it just an opinion that I've been getting from reading about MS and other autoimmune diseases.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote