View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 02:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My scoliosis was diagnosed in 4th grade by one of those observant school nurses (after I went to her office with a stomachache).

It has never bothered me in any way, although my right shoulder is very prominently lower than my left.

Two years ago I saw a spine doctor (orthopedist) for the first time in 35 years, after I found out (from a bone scan) that my scoliosis is in my lower back, not my upper back as I'd always assumed. My curve is 35 degrees, I think.

The spine doctor ordered MRIs of my neck and lower back, because I told him about the neuro symptoms including the Lhermitte's. His verdict was that the spine problems were NOT the cause of my symptoms. But no spinal MS lesions were seen, either.

I am not entirely convinced that the bone spurs found in my neck (which the doctor did not mention to me--I only found out about them when I got the report later) aren't causing the Lhermitte's. Because I've been told I don't have MS, so what else could possibly be causing Lhermitte's if not something poking into the spinal cord?

It's all so confusing. I would be uncertain about the chiropractor being able to tell you definitively that the scoliosis is the cause of all your problems. Especially if it's mild scoliosis.

Hope your orthopedist will be able to shed more light. Good luck!

Nancy T.
Nancy T is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
momXseven (03-25-2008)