Old 03-25-2008, 05:52 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Lightbulb dear all -

dear parkies w/ dystonia.
I believe you may need to drink some mineraled water - w/ electrolytes
- it may be helped a bit by sinemet - but in the long run - sinemet uses alot of the potassium in our bodies - so our imput minerals are running low...
when you get the horridly painful spasms - two things try to find a way to distract and a way to breathe deeply -
hold the foot - rub your foot or- hold it in place or kneel as if in prayer - holding the foot down differently.
while I am in the position I do go ahead and turn it into a bit different position - head over knees leaning on the floor - blood will go to the brain
and breathe - somewhat like the fetal position yet on the knees, if you have soft music - let it play in your home - try to get as much sunlight throughout the day - sit by a sunny window...
if possible when the dystonic episode is over -sleep
we need to sleep more between 10 pm and 2am -that is when we have the deepest -health repairing sleep called / REM sleep...
think peaceful thoughts as much as possible /
talk to friends ... some way I believe we have trained the neuropathways for
the path of different fears -once you start down the pain path the mind will take you to the path
train your minds neuropathways to take you to a peaceful place instead.

by
, on Flickr
pd documentary - part 2 and 3

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.
lou_lou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LING (03-28-2008)