View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 07:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin524 View Post
I have a feeling that diseases like Fibro, MS, all have something to do with allergies or a disease that somehow triggers the immune system and starts the immune system to attacking our bodies.

I have no way of knowing this is true, it just an opinion that I've been getting from reading about MS and other autoimmune diseases.

I feel the same way.
I keep thinking if we ?ed everyone about there childhood we might start seeing a link. I'm not saying like all the autoimmune diseases would be caused by having just mumps as a child but maybe like having mumps and the measles and chicken pocks, etc.
Maybe we were born with a weak immune system and than after getting out 1st illness our bodies slowly started attacking it's self.

Hay Erin look what I found
http://www.immunesupport.com/library...le.cfm/ID/7938

I even found this,
"Based on a study by the University of Washington of over 1,400 individuals, it was found that those who drank well water on a regular basis during childhood were 10 times more likely to develop fibromyalgia than those who did not. Since many wells contain environmental toxins such as pesticide run-off, we feel there could be a definite link, especially since fibromyalgia seems to be a central nervous system disease."
and,
"Many viruses have been considered and may play a role in CFS including the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) and Cytomegalovirus (CMV). Human herpes virus 6 is under investigation."

I feel like there are so many puzzle pieces out there about autoimmune diseases and no one putting them all together.

DX with Fibromyalgia, 1998
DX with MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity), June 2008
DX with Food Allergies, wheat, sesame, fresh pineapple

Last edited by momXseven; 03-25-2008 at 09:03 AM. Reason: added more info
momXseven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote