View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 10:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterMyNap View Post
Hey, Gretata, I'm glad you posted this! I have seen it in the listings but, like you, was skeptical and haven't watched it. I wondered if it might be a help to a friend of mine. For me, it's very much what you've reported, and I've kept off the 85# for almost 16 yrs. by sticking to it.

Here's a tip that will blow your mind once you recognize its truth:

Whenever you eat, there is a sigh, we don't really notice it, but pay attention and you will. That is exactly when to stop eating, it means you're full.

I obey this almost religiously and I believe it has made all the difference for me. I'm no string bean by any stretch of the imagination, but I landed here at where it seems about right for me and can handle it. Try it, you might be pleasantly surprised!
I'm so going to look for the sigh. That's too cool! My current problem is that since it takes about 20 minutes to know you're full, I've usually shoveled in twice as much food as I should before I would ever hit the sigh. I don't notice it until I eat with "slow" people. It's embarrassing! Now that I'm slowing down, maybe my sigh will be at the appropriate place and time!!

Looks like the show has several parts. Check TLC online for listing times because it doesn't seem to follow any pattern.

Seems like it could work for anyone since it doesn't try to tell you what to eat, just to listen to your body (like thin people can do naturally...) We'll see. As long as it doesn't cause me to overfocus/obsess about food, I'll continue to stick with it.
greta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote