View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 10:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

This pales in comparison to the great difficulties experienced here, but I am taking one medication (for sure...well documented) that causes cognitive impairment and another one that might cause this. I take them for a medical condition. The last few years have been upsetting because I don't feel like myself at all and in some ways, feel like I have aged many years. It is also embarassing for me when folks much older than myself are better able to remember things.

I LOVE the idea of using the index cards! (Thank you). Of course, writing things down in the general has been helpful.

I also have a phone recorder service with the phone company. It replaces the traditional recorder box, most of us went out and purchased many years ago.

Most mornings, I leave myself a wake up call. In the call, I "remind" myself of what I need to do that morning. This is because I find the mornings to the most difficult period of time of all to recall what needs to be done, etc.

In addition, I am exploring various vitamins/supplements that might be of help. I know that it is just a drop in the bucket, but I believe every little bit helps. Some things to explore include: The B vitamins (many take what is called a B50 tablet...sort of like a B multi) and Omega 3's (You can get this with certain foods like fish oil). I also take Centrum Silver. I have heard it say even if you are close to the age of 50, those "types" of vitamins are really of good quality and should be considered. I also take extra of the B12 vitamin.

My husband, who enjoys good health, but is older than 50, says that routine and keeping a list helps him remember all that he needs to do in a day.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kalamity_jane (03-26-2008)