View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Um forgive me for being a 'fencepost'...

but did I touch/hit a tender spot here?

First off: get right on this...The chief neuro-cheese who'd said I should be in a 'chair' with the existing diagnosis was defensive from the getgo, as I'd been referred to him by an 'acolyte' who seemed to be positively panting to do a 'full seural biopsy' on me...It was conveyed in his letter to this guy his mentor. Also, the CIDP/Autoim. PN diagnosis was established by another chief cheese at an area to hospital [the rankings of 1-3 alternate year by year]. Add to that, the referring neuro [acolyte], used to be in the practice of my current treating and prescribing neuro...[a trifle ill will here? DUH]. SOO, from the get go with this one 'cheese', a doc, one I really respect for his neuro/pn researches, I just dished out the stuff, had to go with his acolyte...SOO, chapter 'n verse backing up MY opinons of the validity of a seural and opined that well...I think this one guy want's to play- as in ON ME?...I met the 9 of 10 rule from all ins cos I can find...and the Seural is truly a last resort and doesn't change anything treatment-wise! Well, This guy[big-cheese] was sort of taken aback...I was probably citing studies he'd not read yet? End result, agreed w/me! The letter he sent to the 'acolyte' simply stated "Patient is VERYwell informed'. THANKS TO YOU ALL!
Soo the old axiom 'never give up' is a RULE. Never accept, always question, always learn and KNOW..or try to. Isn't that all what we do here there and where-ever? That and help each other when we can!

Don't know about you all, but there ARE times I wish I knew about those 'Ninja' dart thingies and could start 'dispensing' them on occasion?

Bob, A PM is in order -

Super fuzzies and hugs a la 'e' world to you all! - j

Last edited by dahlek; 10-12-2006 at 12:53 PM.
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote