View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 10:54 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin524 View Post
My b-in-law just got out of the Air Force last year. My sister refers to TriCare as "Try To Get Care" sometimes. Apparently the area of the country where they moved, there's not many AF bases, and there arent many doctors who accept TriCare for some reason.
We have no military bases where we are and my husband has been retired since 1990. Idaho used to be one of the worst states for getting Tricare approved medical care but about 5 years ago things changed. That's what I used to call it too, but so far, so good. All of my doctors are TriCare approved but they don't accept assignment which means that I pay the difference, but it hasn't been that much. At least no where near the $1550 month premium we have been paying plus the out of pocket expenses for meds! So, I think in the long run, it's going to be a whole lot cheaper.

The TriCare website is great and all of the customer care reps on the phone have been wonderful.

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote