View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 07:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Gloria,

Thank you. I agree, if it is one level than minimially invasive surgery MIGHT be okay. I think people are looking for something "simple" to fix their pain. And we ALL want or wanted pain relief. But two very well known and respected NS's told me a fusion would be necessary and WHY. If Dr. Jho's procedures were "all that'; just about every NS would be doing them. And they aren't! There are reasons for that. I would have just hated to have something minimally done in my cervical spine only to have it all collapse like a house of cards! At least the fusions and the hardware are STABLE. That was my goal besides pain relief. And, nope, we don't always get relief even with ANY kind of surgery. And yes we can have the dreaded domino effect. But I don't and won't mess around with the cervical spine. If my NS said tomorrow that I needed another fusion, I would hate it...but I would LISTEN to him. He is and was very thorough when he explained it all to me and even why I wouldn't be a candidate for an ADR. I just want to say...people...if your NS or OSS is saying fusions; then listen to them. Dr. Jho is just one of thousands and as I said before...his procedures do NOT make any sense to me and actually alerted me to more trouble down the road.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote