Thread: New problems
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 09:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New problems

Hi everyone

I'm sorry for not getting back to you guys sooner. I really appreciate all of your concerns. Every time I get down and have trouble getting myself back up I think of all my friends on here. I have been so frustrated and upset with life. I have had some new events take place. Things are a little bit better at home and everyone calmed down a bit. We are all under a great deal of stress. Mom isn't who she used to be and needs a great deal of help with many things. Our bills are piling up and I have been spending time trying to make payment arrangements with everyone we owe. It totally sucks!

Anyways, I have some new problems with this wonderful TOS. I officially have it on the left side now and it's bothering me a great deal. I can't lift my left arm up anymore and I wake up in the night with it tingling and numb. Usually I wake up from both hands tingling and numb. I also have a lot of pain on the left side... same area as the right. I saw the pain management doctor last week and she said I have the same thing going on the left... also the PT is quite concerned because he sees it as well. I'm even at the point where he can't do much with me without causing a great deal of pain. So now we have that to deal with along with problems again on the right side. I saw the PT yesterday and he caused a major flare up on the right side in the shoulder area. I have been complaining of extreme scapular pain... pain all around the shoulder right back to the shoulder blade. It was like this before the surgery and has not gotten better. He is concerned because we can't get my arm to move in any direction but one without it hurting. The only position that is pain-free for me is sitting straight up or with pillows behind me and under my arms. Of course I can't spend every day all day in that position. He moved my arm in a couple ways and I just cried in pain. He knew something was really wrong when I was crying. I left there in so much pain. He had me do a few other things as well which causes some concern. He had me try a chain tuck exercise. WHEN I LOWER MY CHIN TO MY CHEST, I HAVE A SHOOTING ZAP DOWN MY LEFT LEG INTO MY FOOT. IT'S LIKE WHEN YOUR FOOT IS ASLEEP AND HURTS CAUSE IT TINGLES SO BAD! It's crazy because it happened instantly. The second I lower my chin it shoots right down my leg into my foot. When I raised my Chin back up it goes away. We tried it a couple of times and it kept doing the same thing. He had a very concerned look on his face. Does anyone know what this means? I asked him what this meant but he said he didn't know. He immediately asked for the number of my pain management doctor. He said he wanted to call her immediately and speak to her in regards to these things going on. He definitely feels at minimum that I will need an injection into the scapular area to calm the muscle. He is concerned because there is a major nerve that runs in that area from the rotator cuff. I have total restriction of moving my shoulder at this point and it shouldn't be like that post up (over 2 months now). I just cried. I am tired of this! I don't want any more injections! I don't even know if I can tolerate it. I had a bad reaction to them before. My PT then spoke to the pain management doctor and now she wants to see me Friday to discuss options.

I'm ready to give up. I don't know where I'm headed at this point but I will keep you posted. Where do I go from here? It looks as though my summer is not going to be too exciting.

I have to go get a shower but I will talk to you guys later. Have a great day!

Wishing I could think more positive and be well again!
momzpeachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote