View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 10:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Sleep help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
Just makes you wonder how much testing has been done on drugs, and how much of this info has been released. There are so many newer drugs that have had bad press about serious side effects- mental, heart and so on.
Why wouldn't you be very cautious about trying a new drug? You may be one of the few who has a serious reaction to it.
I'm taking a very cautious approach, and would like something to help me sleep, but from what I've read, some of those prescribed are serious drugs and are probably best avoided.
I don't trust pharmaceutical companies, or their testing, or the regulatory authorities who are meant to look out for our safety; and also GP's who don't really know the full details of the drugs they prescribe.
For instance, I told my GP on a couple of occasions that Tramadol seemed to keep me awake. He said that it usually made people sleepy, and discounted my observation. Since then, I have read of many similar experiences with this drug. Great mood improver-stay awake all night and feel good!

I'm new to this site and hope this is where I'm supposed to respond. I too have Fibro and find it hard to sleep. I take Advil PM ONLY when I know that I need to have a good nights sleep. I take only one pill. I take it around 8:30 - 9:00 p.m. I have it TOTALLY dark in the bedroom. I sleep pretty well. Only wake up once or twice and can fall back asleeep. Still have some side effects in the morning. Cannot handle meds well. Katie
KatieG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote