View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 03:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Carrot Cake research - Dairy Free

I do not eat many replacement grain things or sweets, but lately I have been on this jag for carrot cake. I have bought one from an excellent home based GF bakery, but it has canola oil in it - which does me in.

I am looking at my old faithful cookbook & have found a couple of recipes that look great with the added benefit that most of these carrot cake recipes do not have dairy in them.

I think that the one that I am going to try has 3 cups of grated carrots & 2 cups of flour. But before I go to all the pain of making a couple of these & reinventing the wheel. Does anyone have a tried & true great carrot cake??

There is a recipe in Carol Fenster's Special Diet Solutions, & I have a couple other bookbooks & one on order, but I want something that is REALLY good & like old fashioned homemade.

Since I do not like cream cheese anyway, I prefer to ice mine with powdered sugar icing & ordered mine from the bakery that way.

Also, has anyone made this type cake with all almond flour or a combination of almond & tapioca flours?

oh too funny, I just compared my old recipe to Carol Fenster's & it looks like Carol's is an adaptation of my old recipe - same 4 eggs, 2 cups sugar, etc...

Last edited by GFPaperdoll; 10-12-2006 at 03:17 PM. Reason: add comment
GFPaperdoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote